5 Rules of Limousine Etiquette
Whether you’re taking a limo ride for the first time or 100th, there are several limousine etiquette rules to keep in mind. These can be especially important if you’re using a limo for business and representing your company or organization.
If you’ve been wondering about those specific rules and the do’s and don’ts of riding in a limousine, we’re here to help! Follow these tips, and you will be sure to have a pleasant and professional experience.
1. Book (and plan) your ride in advance
When you book your limousine ride in advance, you’re ensuring you’ll have a car ready and waiting for you when you need it. This also helps to avoid any surprises or delays on the day of your ride. It also means you can reserve the vehicle of your choice from our limousine fleet.
Like with booking your limousine ride in advance, it’s essential to plan ahead for what you’ll be doing during your trip. Knowing what you want to do and where you want to go will help ensure everything goes smoothly once you’re on board.
2. Be on time
When you book a limo, always be sure to include your pickup time. Call and let the driver or the company know if you’re running late.
3. Allow the driver to open and close the doors for you
This is an important part of the chauffeur’s job and shows that you respect their service. It’s also a way to ensure your safety.
4. Save the best seats for the guest(s) of honor
Certain spots in a limousine are considered the prime seating area: the curbside and far right-side seats facing forward. Be sure to save these spots for the guest(s) of honor and choose other spots for yourself or other guests.
5. Take safety seriously
Of course, the number one rule of limousine etiquette is to always take safety seriously. This means following the driver’s instructions and staying seated until you reach your destination. As tempting as it may be to stand up and get a better view, it’s important to remember that limousines are large and can be dangerous if not treated with respect.
Next, let’s go over some quick do’s, and don’ts for limousine etiquette that can help ensure your next ride is your best, most enjoyable ride ever.
(Don’t miss these four things you didn’t know about hiring a limo next)
Do’s of Limousine Etiquette
- Make sure to be on time for your limousine pickup. If you’re running late, call and let the limo company know as soon as possible.
- Do reserve your limo ride well in advance.
- Behave appropriately inside the limousine. This means no loud talking or shouting and no putting your feet up on the seats.
- Be respectful of your driver and fellow passengers. Remember your driver is working and should be treated with courtesy and respect. Likewise, be mindful of other passengers in the limo and do not engage in disruptive behavior.
Don’ts of Limousine Etiquette
- Do not smoke inside the limousine.
- Don’t ask the driver to make additional personal stops along the way.
- Do not use your cell phone while in the limo unless absolutely necessary. Talking on the phone can be disruptive and annoying to other passengers. If you need to make a call, try to do so quietly and keep conversations short.
As for ensuring your ride is as enjoyable as possible, we can help with that too! The team of professional, courteous, and expert limo chauffeurs at All Valley Transportation is here to ensure your safety and that you enjoy your ride with us. Book a ride today and experience our service for yourself!
Did you learn a lot from this post? Here are three more to read next:
- How to Choose a Limo Service in Phoenix
- What Exactly is a Modern Day Limo Service
- Limo Service & COVID: What you should know in 2022 and beyond