Helpful Airport Tips to Travel Like a Pro
With so many flights being canceled or delayed at Sky Harbor Airport and across the country, it can be hard to keep up with the most current information. So here is a helpful update about why flights are being canceled and what you can do if your flight is affected. We’ll also share a number of airport tips to help you travel like a pro, so this is one post you can’t afford to miss!
Reasons for Canceled Flights
Along with travel being back and busier than ever, here are a few other reasons flights are getting canceled.
First and foremost, flight safety is always the top priority. For example, in Phoenix, flights might be canceled due to high winds or dust in the area. This was the case in August 2022, when at least 45 flights were canceled and hundreds were delayed.
Another common reason for delays and cancellations is a pilot shortage. Currently, there is a severe shortage of pilots in the United States. The pilot shortage is due to a number of factors, including an aging workforce and stricter requirements for new pilots. However, it’s resulting in more canceled and delayed flights as airlines struggle to find qualified pilots to staff their flights.
Other staff shortages
Along with pilots, there is also a shortage of other critical airport staff, such as air traffic controllers and maintenance workers. This can lead to delays and cancellations as well. Like the pilot shortage, this shortage is due to a number of factors, including COVID fatigue and other serious issues.
What to Do if Your Flight is Delayed or Canceled
If your Sky Harbor flight has been delayed or canceled, here are some tips to make your experience more comfortable:
- Check with your airline to see if you can be rebooked on another flight or if you are eligible for a refund.
- If you’re stuck at the airport, take advantage of the amenities! There are so many restaurants and shops available for you to enjoy while you wait.
- Stay up-to-date by checking the departure boards and monitors throughout the airport.
- Keep your phone charged in case you need to make any changes to your plans.
Most importantly, remember to relax and take deep breaths! Stressful situations like this are never fun, but they will eventually come to an end.
Learn more about steps to take in delayed flights at Phoenix Airports.
Other Airport Tips to Help You Travel Like a Pro
Next, here are more general airport tips to help your travel experience go as smoothly as possible:
- Check in online before you head to the airport to save time
- Arrive early so you can relax and not feel rushed before your flight
- Bring a book or download some shows to keep entertained while you wait
- Wear comfortable clothing in case you have to spend a long time at the airport
And lastly, book private transportation to Sky Harbor Airport with All Valley Transportation, so you don’t have to worry about parking or traffic!
(Discover more reasons to hire a driver here)
Airport Travel Tips: Last Words
Air travel can be frustrating and overwhelming, but these tips, including our private transportation services, can help to make your experience much smoother.
So, book your ride today. We offer a variety of private transportation services to meet your needs, including private sedans, SUVs, and vans. We’ll get you to your destination safely and timely and then you can relax and enjoy your trip.
Did you learn a lot from these airport tips?
Here are three more posts to read next:
- Why Hiring A Driving Service For Airport Pickup Is The Way To Go
- Why You Should Book Airport Transportation Services In Advance
- Sky Harbor International Airport Travel Checklist